Need Housing for Oct 7-9 Albacore US Nationals?

Janice Rathjen jd_rathjen at msn.com
Fri Sep 8 16:08:09 EDT 2006

One of the great benefits to holdiing Albacore US Nationals just outside of
our nation's capital is that no one (I repeat, no one!) should have to pay
for a hotel.  The Potomac River Albacore Fleet has the largest Albacore
membership in the US and many of our members have already offered up their
homes to host our guests from out-of-town.

If you need housing, please send an email to (jd_rathjen at msn.com AND
mheinsdorf at gmail.com) including your name(s) and the nights needed.  We
understand some of you may take advantage of being a stone's throw from DC
and may want to do some sight-seeing.  Most of our hosts would be
happy and able to accommodate you beyond the regatta weekend.

Also, please include any special needs/requests, e.g., flying out of Dulles
Airport (IAD) at 6 AM (one of our hosts lives close to Dulles). [Side note:
As you may know, if you fly into the Reagan National Airport (DCA), you
could be at the sailing marina within 20 minutes of landing.  Yes, it is
THAT close.]

As previously mentioned, please be sure to copy PRAF Fleet Captain Mike
Heinsdorf (mheinsdorf at gmail.com) on all requests; he is my housing
coordinator back-up.

Cheers,
Janice Rathjen
Albacore 7979

myfleet list hosting - Albacore Class Site - More information about the Albacore mailing list