Ontario Championship

Teresa Miolla tmiolla at primus.ca
Mon Jun 25 11:51:13 EDT 2007

Congratulations to Anne White and JP, winners of the Ontario Championship! Winning with solid races. Second went to the "boys" Allan Measor and Richard (DLB) Piercey, 3rd Raines Kolby and Abby MacInnes. Results and some pictures at www.albacore.ca.

It was a fantastic weekend both on and off the water. Sail Parry Sound did an excellent job of hosting and the race committee was quick to set decent courses in 250 feet+ of water. The wind machine was exactly as they promised. Thank you to Jeff Beitz who who suggested the idea way back in the fall of 2006 and Larry Woolner and Marianne Wilson who oversaw the complettion of the clubhouse and were the perfect hosts!  There were so many volunteers who made sure that the weekend went off without a hitch. Also many prizes were donated thanks to Jeff and his suppliers. This was certainly a place where everyone enjoyed themselves.

Thank you also to many of the competitors who travelled from great distances, especially James and Doug (or John as I called him) who travelled from California as well as the usual suspects from the US.

I've said this many times, there is nothing like sailing out of the familiar waters to meet up with some of our friends from afar.

Now the next event, not to be missed is the International regatta. Sign up before June 30th, be entered into a draw and save some money!! This promises to be the event not to be missed (AFTER the Canadian Champioship that is!!)

Hope to see everyone soon!
CAA
Commodore

myfleet list hosting - Albacore Class Site - More information about the Albacore mailing list