Albacore Ontario Championship/NOD Regatta

Christine Short shortchristine at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 21 12:22:28 EDT 2010

There is less than one week until the Albacore Ontario Championship/NOD.  We are expected to be the biggest one design class at the event, however we have a bit of work to do in order to get nearer to our 30-boat projected fleet. Please rouse those on the fence and shake the trees and encourage your club members to attend. It should be a wonderful event at a lovely yacht club and word is that the social scene is one not to miss.

Some things to consider if you are looking for the final incentive to go:

The NOD has secured  a good number of sponsors, one is Beau's (brewery) and another is Mount Gay Rum.
It is the G20 weekend, and therefore an ideal time to get out of Toronto.
Camping is allowed on site, keeping costs and logistics to a minimum!
Kattack will be providing GPS units for each boats so that we can replay the races. Last year's races can be found at: http://albacore.ca/kattack_races. This year there will be real-time streaming of the data from the water. Your fan club can follow your moves online.
Registration includes a fantastic dinner for helm & crew on Saturday night.

We will be awarding the Albacore Ontario Championship Trophy to the winner and etched glasses to the skipper and crew of the top five (5) teams.

If there are some people who need encouragement or assistance with logistics, let's help them out.

Here are the links to online registration the Sailing Instructions and the Notice of Race.