Vendee Globe Documentary

Christine Short shortchristine at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 24 13:43:45 EST 2011

Sent on behalf of John Curtis

I was wondering if you could help me promote a film about sailing.  See the link below and the banner for the documentary film called Racing Around the World Alone.  It is about the 2008 Vendee Globe.  Some real eye candy and a compelling story - I am sure you followed it a little.

It was produced by Wind Athletes using footage from the boats provided to us by race organizers.  Have a look at the trailer at http://www.racingaroundtheworldalone.com  Wind Athletes, a charitable organization that I run is selling it on itunes with proceeds to go toward support of Canadian Sailing Team and other Wind Athletes Projects.  There is a link below to the Wind Athletes Site also.

It is also airing on the CBC Documentary Channel on next Monday night (Jan 31).   We were thinking that this is something that the Canadian sailing public / your customers will be interested in.

I am not sure if you have a news letter or mailing list, but even if you could put the film's banner on the Website with a link to the film's website and a note about when it will air in Canada - that would be enormously helpful.

Let me know if this is something you wool be interested in doing and I will get you a higher resolution image and all the different channels the CBC airing will be on for each different cable/satalite  provider.

Cheers

John Curtis
President
Wind Athletes Canada | Promoting Sailing in Canada by Providing Leadership and Financial Assistance to Canadian High Performance Sailors |
|O-613-328-4015|

View Wind Athletes Canada’s new documentary.  Compelling drama, great footage.  A stunning challenge!  www.racingaroundtheworldalone.com