QCYC regatta September 8 & 9

Jefferson Hall jj at albacore.ca
Fri Aug 31 11:20:50 EDT 2012

Albacore sailors,

The QCYC regatta is September 8 & 9 and they are looking
to offer us two days of racing on the lake. This is an excellent opportunity,
however to make this possible we need to provide a mark and pin boat (with
driver and helper) to assist with the running of the course. A request has been
made a few times to Toronto area clubs and we are not getting much traction so if
you would like to assist please let us know and if you would like to race
please register and also encourage your club to assist with the course.

Registration is available on at: http://www.lorc.org/Registration.htm  There is an additional $20 late fee charged
beginning Wednesday September 5th,
so register before midnight Tuesday to avoid this.

Saturday night there is a beer tasting sponsored by Creemore
Springs, a buffet dinner, live music, and a draw to win $4000 in sails from UK
Halsey Sailmakers. For those who would like to attend the fabulous party at QCYC,
there will be a ferry service from Cherry Street at two specified times.
Details on this will follow.

QCYC regatta information is here: http://www.qcyc.ca/?q=node/47

Sailing Instructions are located here: http://www.qcyc.ca/sites/default/files/QCYC_files/sailing/racing_cruising/LORC_QCYC_Open_2012_%20SIs.pdf

Be sure not to miss this event!