Bill Buck

Daphne Byron daphnebyron at meer.net
Wed Jul 12 20:27:44 EDT 2017

Dear Albacore sailors:

I'm sad to tell you that our old friend, Bill Buck, is in hospital with lung
cancer.  He has a malignant, self-contained tumor and fluid is collecting in
his lungs.  At nearly ninety, and with a heart only functioning at 70%, the
doctors will not give him radiation or chemo-therapy.  They plan to perform
a procedure to insert a tube to drain off the fluid.  A day or two after
that, he will return home under hospice care.

His wife, Clara, is holding up well and their local son, Stephen, and
neighbours are being very supportive.

Daphne