[PRAF] Re: Introduction of "New" Albacore owner

Robert Bear robertbear99 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 18 13:07:03 EDT 2022

Hi Claire,
I would love to help you, but I had surgery on my foot last week, and I will not be able to drive for another 11 weeks, so I won’t be able to see your boat for quite a while.  If you could take some pictures of the boat and send them, I can give you my general impression of things that should be done.  Try to get shots of the mast step and any areas exhibiting visible delamination of fiberglass or similar deterioration.  Also please provide the following information if you have it: sail number, manufacturer, and approximate year of manufacture.  Has the boat been stored upside down or in such a way that water accumulated around the mast step?  Is the upper section of the mast tapered or straight?

Cheers,
Bob Bear