Bay Champs = free rum! Also Avery needs HELP!

Avery Patton avery_patton at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 19 15:34:17 EDT 2006

Hi all -

First, I hear word from those in the know that there is free goslings rum at Bay Champs....should be a fun weekend and great open water sailing (i.e., you can live up to what people imagine when you say you sail small boats in the Bay).

And then, I am sorry to douse the new list with its first non-sailing email.....but does anyone have any leads on a dog friendly apartment/house in the East Bay?

My friend Allison just moved to town, has already started her residency, and is currently still couch-surfing -- not ideal. She's got a potential roommate but they could separate if necessary or find another person if someone had a 3-br place. She's a Dr. and her friend's an engineer...wouldn't you want to rent to them? :)

She's been having trouble getting people to rent to someone with a dog (even when they say they're ok with it on Craigslist, they tend to be more ok with someone w/o a dog). I think the best bet is to find someone who is moving out, whose landlord would rather find someone ASAP without doing the Craigslist thing.

Any ideas are appreciated. Her email is in the CC above if you want to respond directly.

Thanks!
Avery