I'd like to nominate for Vanguard Fleet Captain...

Alexander Mountjoy a.mountjoy at dolcemia.com
Tue Sep 26 10:29:22 EDT 2006

If Catherine King won't be Thursday Night Chair any longer, maybe she will continue to serve the fleet as our Captain.

For two years as Thursday Night Chair, Catherine demonstrated an eagerness to assume responsibility and devote her time to the fleet.  She performed the bitter tasks of the office with alacrity and competence: securing race committee, organizing the "social chairs" and collecting dues.  Her sense of organization and willingness to commit her time was complemented by her cheerful, humorous demeanor.

Importantly, Catherine has shown great enthusiasm for developing the fleet.  Often on Thursdays, from a somewhat disgruntled perspective, I would finish rigging the boat myself as Catherine, to her credit, went out of her way to welcome someone new to the class and get him or her situated--and signed in.

As Nick pointed out, she raised the bar of the position.  I would expect no less from her as Fleet Captain.

Yours Respectfully,

Alex