TISC coaches needed!

Amy Lyons amy.lyons at tisailing.org
Mon Sep 24 19:34:09 EDT 2007

Vanguard sailors,

TISC has lots of classes this fall and we could use a few more instructors for all sorts of classes.  If you or anyone you know might be interested in putting in a few hours on the water (either volunteer or paid) please let me know as soon as possible.  This is a great way to share your love of the water and sailing and help TISC build a community of sailors.

Here's a little bit about the classes that we have coming up:

Opti Race Team and Opti Beginner Class: 2 separate classes held concurrently.  One session is Saturdays from 10 - 2 (9/29, 10/13, 10/20), the other is Wednesdays from 4 - 7 (10/26, 10/3, 10/10).  If you can do any of these dates, that would be helpful.

High School Sailing: Sundays from 10:30 - 4.  All-star Vanguard crew Elsie is teaching this class, however she is away this Sunday 9/29, so I'm hoping that someone can fill in for just this week.  We have about 12 kids in this program.

Orientations: We have groups come out just for the day to go sailing on J24s for a few hours.  Here are the dates for some upcoming trips: this Wednesday 9/26 (high school students), 10/13 (college students), 10/14 (college students), and 10/20 (adults).  All orientations are from 10 - 2.  These are different groups each time, so there is no commitment to help with all of them, even if you can just do one it would be great.

Thanks for reading and passing this along to any other sailors who might be interested!

Amy Lyons
Program Director
Treasure Island Sailing Center
415.421.2225