v15s and lasers on separate nights in 09?

Pete Trachy pete at tolachi.com
Thu Aug 28 12:12:43 EDT 2008

I have heard people mention the possibility of moving the laser racing to
another night a few times and wanted to bring the idea up while the series
is still going.  I would personally enjoy having separate nights because I
would be able to race in both fleets.  I've heard some other v15 sailors say
they would do the same and I'm sure we would get a little crossover from the
laser fleet too.  There may be other people who would be in favor of
separating the fleets to eliminate the occasional mid course mayhem when the
fleets collide at a start or finish.

The cons seem to be that we would need race committee for an extra night and
we wouldn't all be socializing together.

Would anybody else be in favor of two nights of racing?  Thoughts...?

Pete