Tuesday team racing at TISC

Richards, Kevin T ktrichar at ebmud.com
Tue Jul 1 16:25:16 EDT 2008

Yo Team Racers,

We have a suggestion to race every other Tuesday rather than weekly at
the Treasure Island Sailing Center; if there are no objections, this
will make it easier on our schedules.

We have a follow-up suggestion to do some formal nights with judges and
scoring; these will be random-pairs 2-on-2 or set-teams 3-on-3 format
depending on how many boats attend; in either case racing will be in
Vanguard 15s, there will be a competitors' meeting at 5:45pm, and the
first start will be at 6:30pm on a Digital N course in Clipper Cove.
Mark your calendars for the following:

-          July 8 - First formal scored night.
http://vanguard15.org/schedule/491

-          July 22 - Informal pick-up games.
http://vanguard15.org/schedule/492

-          August 5 - Second formal scored night with judges.
http://vanguard15.org/schedule/493

-          August 19 - Informal pick-up games.
http://vanguard15.org/schedule/494

-          September 2 - Final scored night with judges and prizes.
http://vanguard15.org/schedule/495

There will be entry fees to cover race-management costs.  Similar to
Thursday nights, we're asking for volunteers to help with pre-racing
organization and to host post-racing social.  I'll volunteer for
September 2; let me know if you see a night that you'd like to host...

See you at TISC,

Kevin