LCR '08 - Thank You Team TISC

Matthew Sessions mcsessions at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 02:55:05 EDT 2008

Dear Leukemia Cup 2008 Supporters and Friends,

I am thrilled to announce that with the generous donations of so many of
you, our current team fundraising total is *$2,441* for the 2008 XOJET San
Francisco Leukemia Cup Regatta.  This brings our team's 3-year total to more
than *$8,000!  *Thank you TISC sailors, work colleagues, and dear friends.

*It's not too late to donate and help us get over the $2,500 mark!*

http://www.active.com/donate/leukemiacupgsf/TISC2008

The event was a HUGE success.  As of yesterday, the total funds raised has
reached *$663,000+* in gross revenue with funds continuing to roll in!   *This
is more than double the 2007 SF LCR event which was then an all-time highest
grossing Leukemia Cup Regatta ever.*

116 sailboats + 50 junior sailors racing Optimist dinghies registered (an
all-time high for the SF event).  Our J-105 team *Donkey Jack* overcame a
few big setbacks with only minutes left in the race but still managed a
great 5th of 15 division finish.  Congrats to Rolf, Scott, and the team.  Some
great shots of the Donkey Jack in action on Sunday:

http://www.pbase.com/dibshare/image/104228073

http://www.pbase.com/dibshare/image/104228088

http://www.pbase.com/dibshare/image/104228113

Congratulations to the event co-chair, J-105 fleet winner - and most
importantly - *cancer survivor* *Ian Charles* who raised $216,000 alone.
Wow!

Some amazing photos of the 289' Maltese Falcon (and yes – it did get hit by
another sailboat on Saturday) as well as press coverage of the event:

http://www.pbase.com/dibshare/maltese_falcon

http://www.latitude38.com/lectronic/lectronicday.lasso?date=2008-10-06&dayid=177

http://sailmagazine.blogspot.com/

A special thanks to the generous matching funds from my company *United
Business Media* (currently $685).  Finally - huge gratitude to *Leslie
Crouch *&* Robin Reynolds* from the SF Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.  These
dedicated people give my family and many others hope in the fight against
cancer.

Thank you again,

*Matthew Sessions*

http://www.active.com/donate/leukemiacupgsf/TISC2008