Tomales Bay Regatta 2009 - Sign Up Now!

Rolf Kaiser rolf_kaiser at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 28 14:41:28 EDT 2009

V15-ers,

Thanks to the all-time record turnout last year (22 boats!) you'll want to
sign up early for the 2009 edition of the "Ranger Tom Barto Memorial"
Tomales Bay Regatta.  The date has been set for October 24-25 to get the
all-important favorable tides, and the Inverness YC is thrilled to be
hosting us again.

As you might guess from the various incidents of 2008, we will not be
staying at the state park and instead will move back to the Olema Ranch
campground (http://www.olemaranch.com/) where we've been in the past - it's
actually 10 minutes closer to the town and venue so that means you'll be
less likely to run your car into a ditch (Kevin). Tentative plan is for us
to reserve spots in the Meadow area so we will be less likely to disturb
other folks.

So please sign up this week at http://vanguard15.org/schedule/538 so I can
reserve the proper number of sites.  And if you have non-sailing friends,
significant others, etc. who'd like to help run races they're very welcome.
It's hard work to be in the committee boat all day.

-Rolf

Regatta Chair