Summer Sailstice Regatta

Natasha Baker natashabaker at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 14 16:15:05 EDT 2010

Dear Fleet,

Please note that TISC will not be hosting a Sailstice regatta this year due to budget and staff restraints.  TISC will be participating in Sailstice in other ways. There will be a TISC booth to provide more information about its programs and they are looking for volunteers if anyone from the fleet is interested. The proceeds from Sailstice will be donated to TISC and they would appreciate any support you can provide. Below you will find more information on the volunteering opportunity.

Summer Sailstice
Saturday, June 19th 9:00am - 8:00pm
Summer Sailstice brings together everyone who loves wind, water and sailing! Sail in, motor in, or just come down for a full weekend of sailing, cruising, racing, windsurfing and onshore entertainment.

Treasure Island Sailing Center will have an information booth at the Sailstice event at the Treasure Island Yacht Club at the front of the cove. We need 8 volunteers to help encourage new youths and adults to learn how to sail! We will provide a brief overview prior to the event.

2 Volunteers per time shift needed. 9:00am-12:00pm, 12:00pm-3:00pm, 3:00pm-6:00pm, 6:00pm-8:00pm. Please email info at tisailing.org with your availability.

Due to the dwindling number of weekend regattas this year (and in years past) your fleet officers will be convening to discuss this matter further.  We'll see if we can get us on the water somehow!

Thanks,
Natasha