room for rent in Oakland

David Byron dbyron at dbyron.com
Fri Sep 10 18:30:30 EDT 2010

Sorry to spam the list with non-sailing stuff, but a friend of mine is
struggling to find a roommate.  Surprising really, cause she's awesome.

In addition to the contact info below, send mail to me or Teresa at
info at brazenart.com.  I have pics if you're interested.

-DB

If you know a fabulous female who is looking for a place, please pass this
on. Ideally, we'd like to find the right someone through people we know.

MASTER BEDROOM for rent in 100 year old house (with all those charming
little touches you'd expect) in an awesome neighborhood (Grand Lake area,
Oakland).

About the house:
2100 sq. foot craftsman style 100 year-old house with stained glass windows,
built-in cabinets, hardwood floors, and lots of windows + sunshine.
Large backyard (with deck)
Common areas in house: Living room, dining room, kitchen, laundry (basement)
3 bedroom, 1.5 bath

About the available room:
$1000 +  utilities
Large master bedroom with TWO walk-in closets, hardwood floors, lots of
natural afternoon sunlight, and several windows.
Fully furnished: Queen-sized wooden sleigh bed, antique desk and chair, tall
wooden dresser, bedside tables, leather bench, vanity with mirror

About the location:
In a cute, quiet, safe neighborhood in the Grand Lake area, Oakland.
Walking distance (literally just a few minutes) from all the restaurants,
shops and bars in the Grand Lake area, the Grand Lake Theater, Rose Garden,
the Saturday farmer's market, Safeway, Trader Joe's, AND Lake Merritt
Walking distance (about 5 min) from casual carpool pickup, the highway, and
AC Transit bus stop to San Francisco, and a bus line that takes you to UC
Berkeley.
Short drive (5 min) to Lake Merritt Bart Station.

About us:
2 ladies, looking for a 3rd. I'm a project manager at a design firm and an
artist (have a studio in the basement): www.BrazenArt.com. My roommate is
doing a teaching fellowship in West Oakland. We're grownups, responsible,
and courteous of each other - looking for someone to share this great space
with that's easy to get along with and also responsible.

The house is fully furnished. If you're interested in the space - please
e-mail with information about yourself, what you do for work/study, your
routine and expectations for housemates. Contact:  Moira,
moirakoneill at gmail.com

Thanks!