Volunteer J24 drivers needed for Opening Day this Saturday

Richards, Kevin T ktrichar at ebmud.com
Wed Apr 27 18:19:32 EDT 2011

Yo Vanguardians and Friends,

What better way to serve some volunteer hours than to go for a sail?

TISC is still in need of J24 drivers for the Opening Day event this
Saturday, April 30 as follows:

*      4 J24 drivers needed from 10:30AM - 1:30PM

*      1 J24 driver needed from 1:30PM - 4:30PM

Please let Lacey know if you can make it,

~Kevin

Event Details: Opening Day is our largest annual event to kick off the
sailing season. This is a free community event with over 600 people in
attendance. Our goal for this event is to provide a fun, free, and
active activity for families to enjoy. We hope to promote community
sailing and encourage people to take advantage of our affordable sailing
classes and scholarship program.   At this event we offer free 30 minute
sailboat rides on J24s and access dinghies as well as kayaking and stand
up paddle boarding. A BBQ lunch is available for purchase for $3 per
person. Games, crafts, and face painting is available to enjoy while
waiting for a boat ride. Valid on Opening Day only, we offer a 10%
discount for anyone who registers for a sailing or water sports class at
TISC. Every visitor is also entered to win a door prize from cowgirl
creamery. Visitors can enter to win a free sailing class by visiting the
TISC info booth or checking in on Facebook.