Chartering your Vanguard for the upcoming racing season

eric raffini eric.raffini at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 16:51:29 EDT 2011

Hi Vanguard Owners,

Sorry for any cross-postings but we are trying to find owners who may be
interested in putting their boat up for charter this sailing season.
Unfortunately  we saw a pretty low turnout last season, and most Thursday
nights there were more boats sitting in the yard rather than on the starting
line. We want to bring back the Vanguard Fleet to it's former post .com
glory!

*Why put your boat up for charter?*

   - Chartering lets experienced dinghy sailors try out the fleet for a
   season without having to make a full-on financial commitment (especially for
   post-collegiate sailors just starting out their professional career)
   - More boats on the line keeps is better for everyone and keeps the
   racing competitive
   - Helps offset your TISC storage and boat maintenance costs
   - Helps meet the terms of the TISC lease with the City of San Francisco
   which states that boats must be actively used.

*How does this work?*

   - We let you and the charterer work out the details of your arrangement
   (i.e. just Thursday nights, all summer, Team Racing, whether the boat
   travels to regattas, what sails are included etc..).

*How much would I get?*

   - You set the charter price for your boat, but depending on the
   situation, we are recommending a price between $250 and $400 for the 6-month
   season.

**
 *What about damages?*

   -  In addition to a charter fee, we recommend that boat owners collect a
   $400 (refundable)security deposit to cover incidental damages that may occur
   on the water

 *I’m interested, now what?*

   1. Shoot me an email stating your interes
   2. I’ll forward you the sailing resumes and contact information of
   potential charterers (we already have several interested parties waiting!)
   3. You review their resumes and if still interested, contact the charter
   directly.
   4. You and the charterer meet in-person to set the terms and sign a
   charterer agreement (sample attached)

Thanks! And please pass this on to anyone who I might have missed.

-Eric