Fwd: Volunteers for NSBD at TISC and TENT DOWN MAY 26!

Amy G oxbowamy at gmail.com
Thu May 12 14:42:47 EDT 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Amy G <oxbowamy at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, May 12, 2011 at 11:02 AM
Subject: Fwd: Volunteers for NSBD at TISC and TENT DOWN MAY 26!
To: sfv15 at myfleet.org

  Fleet-

*Mark your calendar - the tent will come down on MAY 26 at 4:30! This is
plenty of time to plan with your employer to leave a half hour early to help
out.*

This is the week after National Safe Boating Day. TISC needs volunteers, see
below message from Lacey and contact her if you can help.

Amy

Hello V15 and Laser Fleet,

Its that time again for volunteers! We have our National Safe Boating Day
coming up on Saturday, May 21st and we are looking for J24 drivers and event
volunteers. If you could forward this to your fleet we would greatly
appreciate it. Thanks for all your help with recruiting volunteers!

* *

*VOLUNTEERS NEEDED*

*Treasure Island Sailing Center’s National Safe Boating Day*

*Saturday, May 21st 8:00AM to 6:30PM*

* *

*The Treasure Island Sailing Center is looking for event volunteers for
National Safe Boating Day! Please review the attached documentation for
details on the volunteer positions. TISC offers sailing and non sailing
related opportunities for this event. TISC will need five J24 drivers for
shift 1 and 2. Please email Lacey Todd at info at tisailing.org if you are
interested in participating. Please include your preferred time shift and
volunteer position. We appreciate your support of the Treasure Island
Sailing Center and we hope to see you all at National Safe Boating Day! *

* *

*Event Details: *

National Safe Boating Day is our newest event* *in partnership with the
California Department of Boating and Waterways. This is a free community
event with over 300 people in attendance. Our goal for this event is to
provide a fun, free, and active activity for families to enjoy and learn
more about water safety. We hope to promote safe boating, community sailing,
* *and encourage people to take advantage of our affordable sailing classes
and scholarship program. **

At this event we offer free 30 minute sailboat rides on J24s and access
dinghies as well as kayaking and stand up paddle boarding. Visitors will
join TISC for a day on the Bay and learn simple practices for water safety.
Local organizations will be on hand to provide vessel safety checks, proper
life jacket fit, and safe boating information. Tours of police boats, coast
guard boats, and a fire truck will be provided. A BBQ lunch is available for
purchase for $3 per person. Games, crafts, and face painting is available to
enjoy while waiting for a boat ride. Valid on NSBD only, we offer a 10%
discount for anyone who registers for  a sailing or water sports class at
TISC. Every visitor is also entered to win a door prize. Visitors can enter
to win a free sailing class by visiting the TISC info booth or checking in
on Facebook. The first 100 visitors will also receive a free life jacket.

*Volunteer Time Shifts*

Please *arrive 15 minutes before your time shift begins and check in at the
office deck* for a brief introduction and explanation of job duties.

Set Up              8:00AM - 11:00AM

Shift 1               10:30AM – 1:30PM (event begins at 11:00AM)

Shift 2               1:30PM - 4:30PM

Clean Up          4:00PM - 6:30PM (event ends at 4:00PM)

Thank You,

Lacey Todd, Operations Manager

Treasure Island Sailing Center ~ 698 California Ave. Bldg. 112 ~ San
Francisco, CA 94130

Phone: 415.421.2225    Fax: 415.421.2208    www.tisailing.org

Visit us on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Treasure-Island-Sailing-Center/42282781985>
& Twitter <http://twitter.com/TIsailingcenter> or Join our Email