Sign-up, Sign-up, Sign-up, Sign-up!! First Thursday!

eric raffini eric.raffini at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 16:53:46 EDT 2012

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to replicate Amy G's enthusiasm, but it's going to be hard.  The
weather looks sunny for Thursday and Natasha and Chad are Social Chairs!

Here's the link to sign up for this week's racing:
http://vanguard15.org/schedule/646

Don't have a crew? Contact Jeff Mayhew at jeffrmayhew at yahoo.com - he's
looking to race.

A couple of other items. First, thanks to all of you who showed up on
Sunday to help with TISC's Pier-in. Apparently they had a good turnout.
They just asked that in the future we RSVP so they know how many volunteers
to expect.  Second, we have made a few tweaks to the NORs from the version
that I sent out last week. They are:

1) We raised the fees $5 to $140 to cover the Paypal costs. But, we see
this as a big advantage and convenience since you can now pay by credit
card. Thus, before Thursday, please pay your fees and dues online at:
http://vanguard15.org/dues/
2) Fleet dues (for vanguards) are $16 (basically the same as last year).
http://vanguard15.org/dues/  This is going to help cover new buoys, a new
hailer and get the olli box fixed!
3) We changed the wording on the volunteer/work hour requirements. Instead
of individual hours, we thought it would be easier just to ask sailors to
commit to showing up at  two events (shifts) per season. The next event is
April 28 - Opening Day, so add it to your calendars.
4) Fill out/sign the TISC medical form -- both your skipper and crew need
to have these on file. Print and bring it with you on Thursday (we will
have a binder in the racing room) or e-sign and email it to
vanguardfleet53 at gmail.com
5) Fill out the registration form!
6) Sign up for Social Chairs!
7) Sign up for Ski/ Sail - April 14-15th... it's going to be fun, Spring
conditions are great this year in Tahoe.

Eric

Remember, we start at 6:30 sharp this year.