Year-End Party at Bayview - Nov 10th

eric raffini eric.raffini at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 10:23:39 EDT 2012

Hi Folks,

I just wanted to pass on some info regarding the end-of-the-year party. We
are planning on getting together at the Bayview Boat Club on *Saturday Nov,
10th at 7:30 PM*. If you haven't been there, it's located just past the
ballpark in SOMA at 489 Terry Francois Blvd. -- http://bayviewboatclub.org/
There will be live music, strong drinks and a guaranteed good time. Also,
ample parking next to the club.

We are going to be bringing in mexican food for a taco/burrito bar from
Pancho Villa in the Mission.  Rather than collecting money in advance, you
all can just pay once you arrive. It will be cheap (~approx. $10 per
person) and there will be plenty of vegetarian options as well.  However,
 to make sure I order enough food, it's important that you sign up on the
website so I can get a headcount.  Sign up here:
http://vanguard15.org/schedule/699  Please don't just show up and expect to
eat without having signed up at least by Thursday, Nov 8th!

*Dock Pull/Volunteer Hours*
*
*
I hate to dwell on this point, but I've only heard from a small number of
you regarding the dock pull at TISC scheduled for *9 AM Sunday, November 4th
*.  Please consider helping out.

*Awards*

We are going to be giving awards for the *top three boats overall *in the
Thursday night series as well as two new awards this year:   *Most Improved
Boat *(replaces the JV category) and a new "*Corinthian Award*". The
Corinthian Award will be given to the skipper/crew who go out of their way
to help out other sailors on the water, help keep the fleet focused on
safety and exhibit good sportsmanship.  So, think back to some of those
nights when it was nuking and sailors were capsized or under the dock. Who
was there to help you out? *Please submit nominations* for Most Improved
and Corinthian Awards *to me* no later than Wednesday, November 7th.

*Fleet Officers*
*
*
It's time for some new blood in the fleet leadership. We have a few open
positions for next season.  These positions don't require a ton of work,
but the continued success and longevity of the fleet largely depend on a
good team of officers.  If you have any interest in helping out next year,
please shoot me an email. If we still have openings, we will take
nominations at the party.

- Fleet Captain - *OPEN*
-Thursday Night Chair - Al Sargent
-Team Racing Chairs - Dan Altreuter & Steve Kleha
-Treasurer: *OPEN*
-Social Chair Coordinator: *OPEN*
-Volunteer Coordinator/TISC Liaison: *OPEN*
-Webmaster: *OPEN*

Thanks!

-Eric