Sign up!

Al Sargent asargent at stanfordalumni.org
Wed Aug 21 15:07:31 EDT 2013

If you haven't already done so, please sign on up for this Thursday's
racing -- http://vanguard15.org/schedule/723<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fvanguard15.org%2Fschedule%2F723&h=QAQFZH8goAQHKZ6mV3g8vbxMC4cMT5U6LjV8ZYS5gyfxOZA&s=1>
 -- so Ken and Shannon know how much food to provide.

Should be a good night -- forecast is for a high of 70 degrees and 13
knots. We've got the Purdy's signed up to join us for the first time this
season and Avery coming back from her wedding back east (congrats again!).

Let's do everything we can to get boats on the line and finish the season
strong! If you are looking for someone to sail with, here are some ideas:

1) Sail with a TISC junior and get your worst finish converted to a first.
Email Chris Childers <Chris.Childers at tisailing.org> to let him know you're
interested. The TISC board of directors would like to see more juniors out
on Thursdays, so you'd be doing us all a favor.

2) Check out our trusty crew list:
http://vanguard15.org/crew/<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fvanguard15.org%2Fcrew%2F&h=OAQGum0lWAQGS0Sa-dZnOCGkrIMWlAtk0VVeDEnYyCqh5xw&s=1>.
We've gotten six people signing up in the past month, with a full range of
weights, both skippers and crews.

3) If you cannot make it at all, loan your boat out to some trusted
friends. A few of us (Adam, Dan, myself) have done so this season. This
gets more boats on the line each night. And it gets more people to try out
Vanguard 15s -- and possibly decide to join the fleet.

And NO -- the Bay Bridge will not be closed this week. That's happening
next week, so no Thursday night racing next week. Suggest you sign up for
Tuesday team racing instead.

Best regards,

Al

asargent at stanfordalumni.org | +1 415 742 1430