Fwd: Volunteering at TISC

Claire Hulse claire.hulse at gmail.com
Thu May 23 17:10:05 EDT 2013

ICYMI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chris Childers <chris.childers at tisailing.org>
Date: Wed, May 22, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Subject: Volunteering at TISC
To: Dave Guinther <oldvillage at yahoo.com>, Chris Childers <
Programs at tisailing.org>

Thursday Night Racers-

Just in case some of you aren't getting the emails regarding volunteer
opportunities, here are a few opportunities coming up.  Specifically, this
Friday we need a few hands to help move a boat from the TI marina to TISC,
hoist and clean the bottom.

Can anybody make it to knock off some of their required volunteer hours?

Thanks.

-Chris

Next Friday, May 24th we would like help moving a donated J/24 from TI
Marina to TISC, adjusting the lifting harness, and transferring to a new
donated trailer.  As the boat is lifted, we will use a power washer to
remove the "green stuff" that's been growing on the boat since last fall.
This job should take an hour to move the boat and adjust the harness and a
couple hours to clean the bottom.  Looking for two volunteers that can help
me complete it sometime between 10 am and 4pm.  Anyone with a good quality
power washer? - we need one for this job.  If you can help please contact
Chris Childers in the TISC office.
We recently replaced a broken spreader on one of our J/24s.  That mast is
now ready to be stepped and adjusted.  This can be done at your
convenience, would like to get it completed by June 5th.  If you're a savy
J/24 sailor and familiar with use of ginn pole, that's great.  If you're OK
on this project but need a ginn pole we can provide one.  Please contact
Chris Childers in the TISC office if you can lead this project.
We use our J/24 fleet for visually impaired sailing and for numerous
children's outreach programs.  We have new line for the lower safety line
on four of the boats and would like someone or two to remove the old line
and replace with new line.  The upper safety lines are wire; they're OK
this is just a mid-line replacement.  Please contact Chris Childers in the
TISC office if you can help out with this one.
"

--
*Chris Childers*
Program Director