Alameda Community Sailing Center

Mike Bishop mbishop0025 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 9 15:26:38 EST 2013

Hi All,
The Alameda Community Sailing Center (ACSC) is having a fund raiser at Otaez Mexican Restaurant Webster Street Alameda Wednesday 13th. (see attached flier - and bring with you)

The ACSC had their first season this summer, where we taught 76 8 -13 yr olds, a great feat for 6 months of planning. The center is based on the north west end of Alameda Island (around the cover from Sea Plane Lagoon - where Artemis was based). We selected this location as its great dinghy sailing, with constant breeze, deep water and warm! ACSC is not a just junior sailing school, but look to service the whole sailing community through dinghy sailing.  The center looks to grow into a premier dinghy sailing center with access to the bay through lessons, coaching and training in various dinghies. Multihulls and lasers regularly use the site now, but there is great potential for high performance dinghies, like skiffs, Moths and other foiling monohulls and multihulls.  We presently have boat storage facilities with boat ramp conveniently close for launching. Check out the website http://www.sailalameda.org/ACSC/ and like us on face book
 https://www.facebook.com/SailAlameda

Print the flier and come and join us at Ortaez! Get a great meal and help us spread the word of this great sailing opportunity.

Sweet sailing,
Mike