SailCycle 2013 Report

Ben Pedrick ben.pedrick at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 13:50:53 EDT 2013

Hi all,

Despite some unseasonal rain, seven teams showed up at Treasure Island
Saturday morning to participate in the first ever SailCycle random pairs
regatta. While the breeze was too fluky for the America's Cup, we had a
puffy westerly at TI that started light but built into the low teens by the
day's end. We sailed fourteen competitive races and ended the day with a
cookout. By all accounts it was fun day on the water.

Thanks to those of you who let us use your boats. We are hoping to run a
similar event at the beginning of next season. Stay tuned.

Final results:
1. Pedrick Yacht Destruction (Ben & Hannah): 6-2
2. Mr. Softie (Tedd & Amelia): 5-3
3*. Two Blind Bats (Jeff & Neha): 4-4
3*. Too Tuft (Dan & Christine): 4-4
3*. Klehaulers (Steve & Emily): 4-4