This week: Tuneup Thursday!

Al Sargent asargent at stanfordalumni.org
Wed Apr 8 13:37:08 EDT 2015

Get your boat ready to go fast this season! This Thursday is our second
annual Tune-up Thursday. I'll go over what makes for a fast Vanguard 15
setup.

Before you arrive, I'd suggest reviewing the following:

   - Luther Carpenter's V15 tuning guide
   <http://www.v15.org/articles/luthtuning.html> -- old but still valid
   - Top 5 V15 rigging tips
   <https://medium.com/@alsargent/top-5-vanguard-15-rigging-tips-a479794689c8>
   -- we'll cover more than these, but these are the most important rigging
   points to address IMO.

Since this is a tuneup day, we won't have organized races, but of course,
if you want to head out and sail, by all means do so. If you do this,
please do the following since "stuff happens":

1) Ensure that everyone on the boat has filled out a medical form on the
front page of our website <http://vanguard15.org/>
2) Ensure that there's at least one other boat out with you;
3) No singlehanding;

... and please take care of the rest of the registration and payment, again
all on our website <http://vanguard15.org/>.

We'll be back to our regularly scheduled racing on Thursday April 16.

Best regards,

Al

asargent at stanfordalumni.org | +1 415 742 1430