Help Save Clipper Cove - Please Support Our Petition to BCDC!

Nick Adamson jnadamson at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 2 13:00:44 EST 2016

Hello Friends,
The Treasure Island Sailing Center (TISC) and the various users of Clipper
Cove have been battling with the developer to limit the size and impact of
the expanded marina in Clipper Cove.  All of you have sailed in Clipper Cove
and know what a gem it is for the Bay Area sailing scene - teaching sailing,
racing, and anchorage.  TISC has been successful in reducing the proposed
size of the marina and has signed off on the most recent plan in order to
make sure there is some cove available for its programs.  That plan still
does not leave enough space to truly keep the cove as a viable venue for all
the activities it currently supports so we have formed a group called
Friends of the Sailing Center to try and improve upon the plan.  The marina
developer must get approval from the Bay Conservation and Development
Commission (BCDC) in order to move forward with the project and that is the
agency that we must lobby in order to reduce the size of the marina to a
size that works for all of the users.
Hunter Cutting has lead this charge and has drafted the attached letter to
present to BCDC.  I'm hopeful all of you would be willing to sign it to try
and save the cove.

If you are willing to support this cause all I need for you to do is respond
to this email confirming you will sign the letter and we will add your name
to the list of supporters.  No need to print it out/sign/return it.  Timing
is critical so if you are willing to support this cause I need your reply no
later than next Wednesday, December 7, 2016.

Thanks for helping to save Clipper Cove!

-Nick

Nick Adamson
jnicholas.adamson at gmail.com
925-708-1853