Weekend Events This Summer

Sam Wheeler samwheeler.sail at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 18:27:34 EST 2017

V15 sailors,

It's officially 2017, and we've got a few weekend events on the schedule
for this summer.

First up, Bay View Boat Club is hosting a dinghy race on *Sunday, June 11th*.
There will be food and drinks at the club after racing, and I'm hoping we
can figure out logistics to tow some V15s over there by water instead of
dealing with trailers.  (Sailing over might be an option too, if conditions
are right.)  Sign up on the fleet site here
<http://vanguard15.org/schedule/963> if you're interested.

Next, the High Sierra Regatta dinghy weekend is *July 8th and 9th* at
Huntington Lake.  For those who haven't done it before, this is a great
camping regatta in the mountains with long-course races.  Sign up on the
fleet site here <http://vanguard15.org/schedule/961>.  We'll book a couple
group sites for the fleet, but if you would prefer to do your own thing,
campsites become available six months in advance (i.e., THIS WEEKEND) and
tend to go fast, so be sure to stay on top of that.  Registration will be
through Fresno Yacht Club and does not appear to be open yet.

And third, Bay View is hosting a regatta the weekend of *July 22nd and 23rd* at
their property on Bradford Island in the delta.  This is another camping
regatta, and there will be dinner, drinks, and possibly live music after
racing on Saturday.  Sign up on the fleet site here
<http://vanguard15.org/schedule/962>.

More details on all of these events will follow as they get closer, but for
now, mark your calendars and consider signing up to start building momentum
if you think you can make it.  If anyone's interested in volunteering as
the point person for the fleet for any of these events, that would be
awesome.  Feel free to reach out to Bay View Commodore Larry White (cc'd)
if you have questions about their events, and if you know any other dinghy
fleets that might be interested in joining either of those please spread
the word.

We'll schedule an officers' meeting at some point soon to set the schedule
for our regular season.  Please email me directly if you'd like to be
involved with that.

Looking forward to another great year!

Sam
Fleet Captain