[Santana 22] April 22nd Scombridae Sunday - Assistance Needed

Pete Trachy pete at tolachi.com
Wed Apr 11 15:40:21 EDT 2007

For anybody who doesn't know.   Emeryville Flats is the area immediately to
the east of clipper cove.  We actually sailed down to a day marker there on
the first Sunday.  It is often used for dinghy racing by TISC and is not an
area where draft is an issue.  The one downside is that it is a bit far from
the TI marina guest dock.  We may need to change the itinerary and raft up
at the guest dock after the racing is over.

I would say that the flats primarily differ from the cove in that there is a
tiny bit of chop, current is a factor, and wind shifts aren't as big.

Pete