[Santana 22] FW: Re: Start/finish line restricted at Nationals?

Jan Grygier and Patti Boucher hydrophilos at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 9 00:52:06 EDT 2007

Oh well, another fleet email after all, hope none of you are feeling spammed...
Mike Kennedy has proposed a modification to the SI's, to unrestrict the Start/Finish line (see bottom of this thread).
Our PRO Doug McVae would be fine with making that change, so are the two organizers of the Olson fleet (the other cc:s).

As I see it, the good thing about unrestricting the S/F line is it makes passing easier, and now we are up to 23 boats that will be important.
The bad thing is it apparently requires the RC to wait until all boats have finished before starting the next race, which will prolong the proceedings somewhat.  (I don't think they have the crew available to put the start line to leeward and the finish to windward, which otherwise might be preferable).

Please get back to me ASAP whether you would like the start/finish line restricted or not; if there is a preponderance of the votes for changing it (i.e. more than half, but don't hold me to a specific percentage) we will do so and will inform the fleet by all appropriate means (including yet another email, I'm afraid).

To avoid escalating the spam factor, please just reply to me (not all), unless you have more cogent arguments than Mike and I put forth and want to share them.

Jan Grygier
hydrophilos at earthlink.net