[Santana 22] 9-23 Scombridae Sunday: Reschedule or No?

Pete Trachy pete at tolachi.com
Wed Aug 29 13:39:37 EDT 2007

I just called Roger at the TI Marina to ask about using the guest dock and
he pointed out that the Dragon Boat festival is the weekend or the 23rd.
They use the whole cove and I think we would have no access.  We could do
the event on Emeryville flats, but we still wouldn't be able to raft up at
the TI guest dock.  I was thinking that it might make more sense to move the
event to the 30th.  It looks like we would have the cove to ourselves and it
would be no problem to use the guest dock for an hour.

So, please send in your vote.

23rd at Emeryvile Flats, no raft up for lunch.

30th in Clipper Cove, raft up for lunch

As always this is open to anyone with a Santana 22.  Bring whatever sails
you have, don't worry about fees, memberships, certificates, rules, etc....

I would also appreciate any offers to help do RC for the event.  It is a
pretty low key event and doesn't demand much besides setting marks and
running through a 5 minute sequence.  I will be in Turkey beginning mid
september and won't be able to run things.  Tim Nutt as volunteered to help
out, but I know he has done this a couple of times before and it would be
nice to spread the work around.

Thanks,

Pete