[Santana 22] PHRF vs jibs with battens

Sally Richards sally at pineapplesails.com
Wed Dec 19 13:05:05 EST 2007

In our area, jibs 125% and under get a credit.  Battens are not
penalized.  (Positive roach might be, but Santanas don't have that.)

Different areas of the country can make their own rules under PHRF and
set ratings based on the conditions in each area.

Just refer to the rules and guidelines on OUR YRA website, www.yra.org,
and ignore other areas unless you plan to take your boat there.  In some
areas boats have more than one rating.  And in one the max headsail is a
162%, for example.

Sally

Sally Richards
Pineapple Sails