[Santana 22] keel templates

Logan William Jager jagtek at berkeley.edu
Tue Jan 30 15:18:00 EST 2007

If you all want REAL speed, you need a bottom like this...  (see attached
pic).  My theory is the big ridges and bare spots act like dimples on a golf
ball and generate lots of dynamic lift.  The other thing that is essential
is to sand the keel and rudder in the parking lot before the race to get all
the runs out of the paint you applied the night before without remembering
the thinner... Dumb college kids... :)

Cheers,

Logan
Return of the Vegetables

P.S.  Seriously though; after spending many hours on my keel, the one thing
I can advise is don't grind it away and start fresh.  You're much better off
sanding what you have a getting a reasonably smooth shape.  The cast is not
anywhere close to the shape of a decent keel.