[Santana 22] plastic classic

tmc664 at comcast.net tmc664 at comcast.net
Sun Jul 22 21:32:40 EDT 2007

Race was a lot of fun.  Fun Zone wasn't to competative as we hoisted a 90% jib and neither me or my crew was remotely interested in hanging our butts over the side. We actually held her own on the  reach to NAS2 but we couldn't point high enough to be competative on the beats. ( sail sheeted outside of shrouds), we were probably sailing 5 degrees lower on the windward work. It was fun to watch Tactfull play the angles and fly their spinny. We only sailed 3 of the 5 legs, really didn't think much was going to change position wise and after the T&A mark we sorta lost our enthusiasm.  We were however first home to the dock. Got the stuffing scared out of me on one of the weather legs when we almost t-boned Techapolis (sp). they were stbd,  we were port, neither one of us saw each other until their boat filled up my sight picture below my main.  Man that was close. Sorry Steve. Just goes to show that even with 4 pairs of eyes  stuff can still happen.  My bad.  BTW the class flag appear
s to be a red S on a white background.
Tom
#664 Fun Zone