[Santana 22] Lightship???

Michael Andrews - MTC michaelan at mtcorp.com
Mon Mar 12 12:53:38 EDT 2007

The Coastal Cup is put on by my Club, Encinal and the Santa Barbara Yacht Club.  I have been contemplating doing it for a few years and, this year seems to be the one to have a go.  A couple of the best sailors I know, Kevin Clark (who owns the Melges 24, Smokin' that I have sailed on for six years now) and Tom Rankin, who sails aboard Smokin' too and grew up racing as a junior against the likes of Paul Cayard and John Kosteki, have signed on to do it with me.  They both have more offshore experience than me, Kevin having done at least two prior Coastal Cups among other races.

Pat has offered to tow my trailer down and haul Bonito and the soggy trio of us home after the race!  I can't tell you how much I appreciate his offer as it simplifies our logistics tremendously.

I am doing some things to Bonito to make her ready, chief among them, installing a pretty serious mast head tricolor running light.

Anyway, it would be fantastic if you decided to do it as well.  I think it will be a blast.

Michael