[Santana 22] Moving the mast step forward

Pete Trachy pete at tolachi.com
Tue Mar 27 14:04:46 EDT 2007

My mast is down for new standing rigging and we are contemplating moving the
step forward 1/2" to 1".  It currently appears to be on a bit of the aft end
of the range allowed by the class rules.  The goal is to help combat some of
that vicious lee helm I experienced on Saturday.  I am quite sure that this
will help, but I am wondering if there any downsides that I haven't
considered?  If anybody else has done this I would love to hear what the
effect was.

Thanks,

Pete