[Santana 22] South Bay ODCA Race this Weekend

Nancy & Pat Broderick broderic at sonic.net
Tue May 15 12:42:19 EDT 2007

Stephen,

This is the South Bay - Alameda Side ODCA Race.  The location is
about half a mile WSW of NAS 2 - near the end of the channel to the
old Alameda Naval Air Station.

We moved the old ODCA race day that was held just North of  TI to the
area where the  Encinal YC holds its championship races last year
because the wind is more moderate and the currents less.  We also
pushed the Warning back to 1300 so the afternoon wind has a chance to
kick in.

It will be Windward/Leeward around temporary buoys with a "gate" at
the leeward end of the course.  I expect them to set a course about a
mile between the Windward/Leeward marks.

The South Bay - SF Side ODCA Race hosted by the BVBC comes after the
July break.

It's a long trip from Sausalito, so we won't be making any stops on
the way back.  As sit is, I figure we'll get back to Schoonmaker
around 1800 or even later.  I want to cross the Bay before the Ebb
kicks in if possible.  Smoother ride.

See you there Saturday around noon or so.

Pat