[Santana 22] Santana 22 Nationals - July 25-27 in Santa Cruz, CA

Bridget Binko bbinko at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 19 09:25:59 EDT 2008

Greetings to all Tuna Lovers,

  Santa Cruz Fleet #9 and SCYC would like to invite all Santana 22s to the 2008 National Championship Regatta on July 25-27 in Santa Cruz, CA. It will be a great racing event with challenging wind and sea conditions, and fun dockside activities. Confirmed regatta sponsors to date include UK-Halsey Sails, Santa Cruz Sails, Pineapple Sails, Gelato Massimo, Shopper's Corner, and Borelli Investments. UK-Halsey's generous sponsorship includes 1/2 off retail price for class jib and mainsail for the championship winner!

  Michael Andrews (Bonito) has informed us that he has accepted an invitation to crew in the Pacific Cup Regatta, and so he doesn't plan to defend the Nationals trophy this year. We will certainly miss Michael and his team, but the opportunity is wide open for all challenging skippers. The NOR and EF (including schedule of events) are posted on the SCYC website (www.scyc.org, Racing tab, month of July). The entry fee is $65 through July 1, and $85 after July 1. Also note that the annual Wharf to Wharf running race occurs on Sunday July 27, so you should plan to make hotel reservations well in advance if you need hotel rooms.

  We look forward to seeing you in Santa Cruz in July. Please share this message with other Santana skippers in your fleets. Please feel free to contact Bridget Binko (bbinko at yahoo.com) if you have any questions. (Note that I'll be out of the country from April 27 - May 18, so please excuse the silence if you contact me while I'm unplugged. Or you may contact SCYC during my absence.)

  Fair winds,
  Bridget Binko
  Fleet Captain, Santa Cruz Santana 22 Fleet #9
  Gypsy #243