[Santana 22] Standing Rigging

QueDau at aol.com QueDau at aol.com
Sun Dec 7 11:00:36 EST 2008

If you will pardon an added word from an unofficial member of your fleet...
I usually lower my mast each October and bring my boat home to an indoor shop;
 then raise it again in April (as I sail on a lake that freezes over every
winter, and this also allows me to suspend the boat from an I-beam in the shop
to do any jobs on her bottom.)

I have raised and lowered the mast both on the hard and on the water.   I
have an old experienced Santana salesman who runs the show while I hire two
muscular, obedient teenagers to join me in the work (with help from my
non-sailing husband).  The easiest time we ever had doing this job  was on the water
when my slip was next to (end to end, not side by  side) a cooperative larger
boat, and I was able to use his taller mast and  halyard to raise the mast.
Happy winter sailing, all of you Bay area  sailors.  I will be indoors quilting.
(sigh)

Mary

In a message dated 12/6/2008 6:30:55 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,