[Santana 22] Free Santana 22

Sally Richards sally at pineapplesails.com
Tue Feb 5 12:23:05 EST 2008

Hope it is ok to weigh in here.

There are several possibilities and someone in the class my have a
contact.

But you can donate it to Richmond Yacht Club's foundation or Encinal
Yacht Club's foundation and they will either use it for there
educational programs or sell it to benefit those programs.   Cal Sailing
Club also takes donations.  And there are probably others.

Oakland Parks and Rec's aquatic programs are run by Dana Riley and they
take donations as well.  They have boats in the Estuary and on Lake
Merritt.  The tuna IS a good training boat.

There are numerous chapters of the Sea Scouts in the Bay and in the
Delta that also take donations.

The donations to non-profits can provide a tax deduction.

A class connection or the Yacht Club donations are the most likely to
keep the boat racing in the fleet, but all would keep it sailing.

I'd be glad to help with contact information if you need it.

Sally

Sally Richards
Pineapple Sails
2526 Blanding Ave.