[Santana 22] S22 Nationals

Bridget Binko bbinko at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 29 02:57:34 EDT 2008

Ahoy,
The 2008 Nationals are now history, and I believe that a good time was had by all. On behalf of SCYC and Fleet 9, I would like to thank all of the visiting participants from SF Bay, Moss Landing, and Monterey.

On Saturday the wind was light and the sun was bright, so concentration was critical in order to finish well. But Sunday brought the breeze and ocean swell, and there was hootin and hollerin on the downwind rides. So the wind and waves tested the expertise of the 19 teams in a range of conditions, and the Maybe team excelled on both days. Congratulations again to Ernie Rideout, Ray Pingree, and Phil Worthen! You can find the final race results posted on the SCYC website www.scyc.org. (The results of Race 1 and 2 practice races on Friday are not posted as they didn't count toward a boat's score).

Photos of the awards and racing are available from All Action Photo at http://www.geocities.com/allactionphoto/ (click on Find Your Photos).

It was voted at the Annual Meeting on Saturday that the 2009 Nationals will be hosted by Fleet One at a location to be determined in San Francisco Bay. Hope to see you there.

Fair winds,
Bridget Binko
Fleet Captain, Santa Cruz
Gypsy #243