[Santana 22] Fairing Keel / Temp Slip in SF

James Dilworth (Public Acct) info2 at dilworth.org
Wed Apr 1 12:26:15 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm hauling my boat at Berkeley Marine Center tomorrow to replace what's
left of my keelbolts, and to fair the keel. I thought I'd throw out a an
offer, and a few questions to the Tuna community :

1) OFFER - My slip in Gashouse Cove will be empty for probably a week or
two. I'd be happy for someone else to use it while my boat is out of the
water. It might be a nice change of scenery for those of you who sail out of
Vallejo, Oyster Point etc...  Last week's sunset sail was out to Point
Bonita, and the good wind is always right there! - Just let me know.

2) QUESTIONS - I've spent many hours before bedtime reading about how to
replace keelbolts, and fair the keel. I'm probably a good armchair expert
now, but am still walking into it with a few questions :

- Is Steve Seal the guy to go to for keelbolts ($195), or is there somewhere
online that sells the same thing for less?
- If so, what size are the bolts?
- What's the best way to strip the bottom paint off the keel?
- Is it worth dropping the keel?

I'll be working at the boat weekdays and weekends, so please feel free to
drop by and say hello if you're passing Berkeley on the freeway!

Hoping to be back in the water for the Rites of Spring.

James
#618 ... Now called 'Pip'

http://www.dilworth.org/
+1.415.342.1350