[Santana 22] Last week's SYC race at the site of 2009 Nationals

Antrim27 at aol.com Antrim27 at aol.com
Thu Feb 12 15:12:25 EST 2009

All -

I would not mind two half seasons, if we all agree ahead of time what races
count, and do not have a sail off in the CoC to determine the season  champ.
Determine the season champ by the combination of all 1st & 2nd  half counters,
with each two race days counting as two scores.  Have one  individual race
throw out each half, if we only have ten or twelve individual  races. Maybe the
fleet hands out a first half and second half winners  trophies/awards.  Send
each half winner to the CoC.  If the same boat  wins the 1st and 2nd half, send
the first and second place boats for the entire  season to the CoC.

As for the Vallejo race, I would prefer sailing with spinnakers, as I would
imagine it could be a long race without them.  But, we will race non-spin  if
that is the consensus.  Maybe sail the Saturday of the Big Daddy Regatta
(3/14) or Saturday of the Wheeler Regatta (3/28) or the Resin  Regatta (4/18 &
4/19) or the Saturday of the season closer  (9/26) with spinnakers to determine
the spinnaker class winner.  Get  at least 3 - spinnaker races to make up the
spinnaker racing season.

That's my 2-cents.

Tom Montoya
Meliki - 5194

In a message dated 2/9/2009 4:50:39 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,