[Santana 22] Nationals Photos from Peter Lyons..

Jan Grygier hydrophilos at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 28 01:27:59 EDT 2009

Thanks much James, we had great racing, food, weather, venue, camaraderie,
and now pictures... the whole enchilada!

Besides finding those 2-3 shots of your own boat that would look great in
your den, I find it instructive to look at crew and helmsperson placement,
traveller position, headstay sag and jib luff tension... For crew placement,
ours are generally shown with their legs nicely outside the boat, but maybe
we'll try out the "Bonito Bend" next time it blows like this:
http://lyonsimaging.smugmug.com/gallery/9065526_K8DUF#603592673_jTpro-A-LB
or
http://lyonsimaging.smugmug.com/gallery/9065526_K8DUF#603592410_kjtkG
Of course it takes a lot more than getting your crew to be intimate on the
wx rail to win 4 out of 5 races, but still...
I encourage everyone with a broadband connection to look through the whole
series (hey, even if you couldn't make it to Nationals), and then order a
print or two so Peter can keep doing this.

Jan Grygier, "Carlos"
hydrophilos at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~hydrophilos/spigot.html