[Santana 22] How to Flip a tuna and other fun tricks I've learned in the last two months....

James Dilworth (Public Acct) info2 at dilworth.org
Wed Jun 3 18:33:17 EDT 2009

Thanks to Mike and Pat and others who responded with advice after my last
post asking for advice on bottom painting and how to replace my keelbolts.

My boat (#618) ended up being out of the water for two months. I wanted to
share a few pictures of the trouble I got into while I was hauled out at
BMC. I've posted a photo journal that shows a little about :

* How to flip a Tuna upside down
* How to remove 30 years of bottom paint
* Replacing Keelbolts
* Fixing rotting decks
* Fairing the keel
* Ripping out the bulkheads
* Letting a 20yr old graffiti artist do my topsides.

You can see it at : http://www.dilworth.org/boat/haulout.shtml

Many of you helped me unknowingly with advice that you had posted previously
in this forum, and in the email lists. Thank you.

I feel obliged to add a little more detail about some of the projects, but
until I do, I'll be happy to answer any questions anyone has.

I'm excited to be back in the water, and hoping to see some of you out on
the bay soon.

James