[Santana 22] Carlos needs a new rudder!

Jan Grygier hydrophilos at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 9 12:54:51 EDT 2009

Like the movie title goes, an unfortunate series of events... On Friday
another RYC member (who will go nameless, he's not a villain here) was
towing his boat towards the crane to prep for the Ditch Run when the trailer
hitch came off.  He jumped out of the car to steer the trailer away from any
boats, and instead his car rolled away, right into my trailer.  The trailer
jumped the block behind the wheels and the boat smashed into fence and a
mast that had been hanging on the fence for years.  Trailer needs a new jack
(which fortunately is in stock at WM down the road) and a new safety lanyard
(perhaps his trailer needs one too?)

The worst part is that my rudder was the part that hit the mast, and while
it moves fine from above, it doesn't make the same angle with the hull that
it used to, which means it's bent, and I don't want to go sailing with a
bent rudder.

So does anyone have a rudder in decent shape that we can use at least
temporarily, or leads on new ones?  If not I may be available to crew in 10
days...

Jan Grygier, PhD
hydrophilos at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~hydrophilos/spigot.html