[Santana 22] Anyone using an auto pilot?

Stephen Buckingham buckingham at sonic.net
Thu Jun 11 11:42:42 EDT 2009

Hi Greg,
I have the ST 1000 tiller pilot installed on my S22. There are only 2
measurements to make to determine where the mounting socket goes on
the starboard lazarette hatch, and where the pin goes in the tiller.
However, different tiller head configurations and different tiller
shapes will make the vertical height of these two points  different on
each boat. The unit comes with the pin that is placed in the tiller,
and a socket that can be flush mounted on the lazarette hatch. In my
particular set up, with the pin mounted and epoxied into the tiller,
the socket would have been too low for the tiller pilot to be level
athwart-ships. Raymarine makes pushrod extensions, tiller brackets,
cantilever sockets, pedestal sockets and alternative tiller pins to
fit any configuration. I went with a pedestal socket base through
bolted to the lazarette hatch, and a 1.5" pedestal socket riser. Hope
this helps. I'll try to get some photos when I'm on the boat next.
Stephen
Tchoupitoulas

http://www.raymarine.com/productdocumentfinder.aspx