[Santana 22] Carlos needs a new rudder!

Steve jsb111 at sonic.net
Sun Jun 14 16:48:01 EDT 2009

I am thinking\planning of internally reinforcing the rudder shaft now as
well.

Perhaps if I imbeded  a  carbon fiber tube, in epoxy, in the rudder shaft I
could get the strength without all the weight.
I have been looking for a 1" od tube  on the internet: ebay, cl, etc  and
this is what I could find.
http://www.composite-resources.com/files/carbon-fiber-tube.pdf

I believe all I would need would be 16-18" to cover the potential weak spot.
Does anyone know of other sources for this tubing? I believe bicycle
fabricators are using it.

Steve
SunnyDay #571

  _____