[Santana 22] Whisker pole

Ted Crum tedcrum at socrates.berkeley.edu
Tue Mar 3 13:46:32 EST 2009

Two things I recall from pole shopping: The sheeting angle with
cabin-top leads puts the pole under a lot of compression, and you
need the "heavy duty" (1-7/8") pole. We felt the 1-1/4" pole we
bought first was too bendy even for cruising. The plastic ends on the
later Forespar are not IMHO as smooth as the older metal ones.

Also, all that compression makes adjustables marginal. Which makes
Mike's idea of a bolt sound good, especially if applied to an older
pole that is had cheaply because the adjustment doesn't  work anymore.

-tc