[Santana 22] Number of Crew

Jan Grygier hydrophilos at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 28 01:27:58 EDT 2010

Hi Derek et al,
The optimum crew for 20+kn seems to be three 200 pounders, that's what
long-time YRA champion Mark Lowry sailed with, and Michael Andrews is pretty
close.  If your crew are lighter, you can always add more.  I suspect the
reason more folks don't race with four has more to do with the difficulty in
rounding up two crew for a wet and windy race let alone three, not a
perception that three is faster.

Jan "Carlos" Grygier
hydrophilos at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~hydrophilos/spigot.html